Use of color makes for quick and easy masculine cards for all occasions. In this card, I’ve depended on a few of the newest In Colors, and a quick strip of Designer Series Paper. I needed a sympathy card for a family that lost both mother and father in a car accident this month, and sympathy cards can use masculine colors, too.
- Stamps: Earthen Textures item #161504, Layering Leaves, 161277
- Ink: Pebbled Path, Wild Wheat, Crumb Cake
- Paper:Wild Wheat, Earthen Elegance Designer Series Paper, Very Vanilla card stock and envelope
- Score and cut Wild Wheat card stock for an A2 card base (I used 5 sheets to make 10 cards)
- Cut Very Vanilla card stock 3″ x 4-1/4″, and 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Cut Designer Series Paper 2-3/8″ x 6″ (this measurement gave me 10 pieces for one sheet of 12″x12″ DSP)
- Stamp the sentiment in Pebbled Path as shown. Stamping your sentiment first allows you room to create whatever collection of pottery and fronds you prefer.
- Stamp the left pottery in Crumb Cake, stamping slightly off the piece to the left and bottom
- Stamp the second pottery in Wild Wheat slightly off the bottom of the piece
- At this point, you may decide to add fronds from the Earthen Textures stamp set by masking off the pottery with a post it note or other scrap paper
- Adhere the DSP as shown with Tombow Glue or tape runner of choice, and trim off the 1/2″ of overhang.
- Pop your stamped piece up on Dimensionals and apply to the center of the card face
- Do you have an inside sentiment that you would like to use? Stamp that now, and you may want to also stamp a piece of the pottery on the inside panel, too.
- Adhere inside panel with Tombow Glue or tape runner of choice.
- Stamp the back of your card with your personalized stamp. I had Joscie.com make one for our Card Ministry from the church and stamped it in Pebbled Path. It shows up very well on the Wild Wheat card stock!
- Stamp a piece or two of the pottery on the bottom left of your envelope face leaving plenty of room for addressing it later.
- Close the card and burnish the fold with a bone folder.
Add this stamp- set and the Designer Series Papers to your shopping cart today for these quick and easy cards for masculine birthdays!
Don’t forget that you can turn today’s post into a teaching sheet by using the PrintMe button. If you are viewing the post on your phone, you may need to turn your phone on its side to widen the Sharing button selections.