Color Refresh: Have You Heard?
The incoming Annual Catalog from Stampin’ Up! is going to include a “color refresh” and I’m getting really excited about it! When I heard the word REFRESH, I knew it was going to be more than just the In Colors, which change every year. We also know that Lost Lagoon and Pretty Peacock are coming back. So it got me thinking about the colors in my Garden, and I took it from there.
As the first blog post of the month, I want to start out with Clean and Simple one layer cards (CAS OLC) (Not to be confused with YOLO). These work really well in card ministry, as well as in the classroom teaching how to properly ink up a stamp and press without excess/bloopers. Inside the card, and on the front of the envelopes, I used the line images from this two-step stamp set, Splendid Thoughts.
- Stamp Sets: Splendid Thoughts, Dainty Delight, Nature’s Prints
- Inks: Melon Mambo, Blushing Bride, Delightful Dijon, So Saffron, Cinnamon Cider
- Paper: Basic White thick card stock, Basic White medium envelopes
- Tools: Simply Scored, Bone Folder, Acrylic Blocks A, B, C, and D
- Score two sheets of 8-1/2″ x 11″ and cut in half at 5-1/2″ DO NOT FOLD THE CARD YET.
- Stamp your line images first, using your inks of choice. Because I wanted the lines to show, I used my darker inks for this step.
- Stamp the front left side of your envelopes.
- Stamp your distINKtive images in the lighter ink choices, unless you are not using them on any given card. You can see that I did one in just the line images.
- Stamp the bumblebee!
- Stamp your sentiments using any of the above mentioned stamp sets
- NOW YOU CAN FOLD YOUR CARD, and burnish the fold with your Bone Folder
Splendid Thoughts was a stamp set offered in the Fall of 2022 and it did not go on the Carry Over List. However, I am offering a LIVE class next month where this stamp set will be part of your Class Fee. Make sure you are subscribed in order to get the invitation.